Skip to content

When do you notice the strongest tingles?

Intentional ASMR
  • When do you notice that you are more able to feel ASMR? I mean, what time of the day, if you are in a good or bad mood, sleepy or energized, etc?

For me, I notice I have the strongest ASMR response or tingles when I'm sleep-deprived. Especially when I watch videos at night. It really gives me very strong tingles.

• I always use ASMR at night whilst in bed wearing headphones. On moods, I'd say that I can use ASMR when I am upset or anxious but also when happy because it adds a feeling of safety and reassurance. Sleep deprived definitely adds something. I do use ASMR to drift off to sleep especially if I want to be asleep by a certain time.

• @'MrINFJ':

I always use ASMR at night whilst in bed wearing headphones. On moods, I'd say that I can use ASMR when I am upset or anxious but also when happy because it adds a feeling of safety and reassurance. Sleep deprived definitely adds something. I do use ASMR to drift off to sleep especially if I want to be asleep by a certain time.

I definitely agree with you on that last point. It seems the vast majority of ASMR viewers just watch it to fall asleep. I've heard it helps decrease insomnia which is amazing considering insomnia treatment usually involves potent sleeping pills.

Yeah, I also just watch ASMR at night. I don't think I've ever once watched an ASMR video during the day. It's always at night, when I'm feeling sleepy, but I want to relax for a bit before heading off to bed.

That's interesting that it decreases your anxiety. Does the effect last a while or is it just a temporary thing?

• I find I get more tingles through the day when I feel tired and none at all when intoxicated
    Let me know if you get tingles from my videos

• I get immense tingles from hand sounds so I think that's gonna play a large role in my channel.

Check out my first video here, it'd be greatly appreciated: