Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR): a flow-like mental state

Research
  • Interesting article: https://peerj.com/articles/851/

Analysis of responses found four prominent categories of triggers, each experienced by over 50% of participants. These triggers are whispering (75%), personal attention (69%), crisp sounds (64%) and slow movements (53%). 34% of participants also reported that their ASMR was triggered by watching repetitive tasks. Triggers less commonly associated with ASMR media (smiling, vacuum cleaner noise, aeroplane noise, and laughing) were included for comparison. Each of these non-triggers were in each case reported to be effective by less than 3% of participants. These values are illustrated in Table 2. Some individuals reported only being triggered by new viewing material, in which they are unable to predict which trigger will be presented next.

• Pretty interesting.. People have different tastes (:
    For me specifically, I never really liked ASMR roleplaying, and a trigger that I didn't expect to have was yawning. Good too see some diversity in the community (:

• @'Forest':

Pretty interesting.. People have different tastes (:
    For me specifically, I never really liked ASMR roleplaying, and a trigger that I didn't expect to have was yawning. Good too see some diversity in the community (:

Heh, maybe you're bored of ASMR roleplaying? I guess it would be good to use before bed.

• Hey everyone! We are currently working on an app containing atmospheric ASMR triggers. This app will include different environments with different visual and sound triggers. I am doing some research of potential users to determine what kinds of features would be beneficial in an app like this. I would really love some input. I have included a link below with a questionnaire. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to fill out. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSez37T5SUmsNQ9oEykWBnAdLtphsUCUhNPD2-NZaRQbUhlKJQ/viewform

Thanks Friends! :heart:

Jess

• @'Tingles':

@'Forest':

Pretty interesting.. People have different tastes (:

Heh, maybe you're bored of ASMR roleplaying? I guess it would be good to use before bed.

I was never really into the roleplay asmr also. I prefer the more simple asmr videos.